Meal-In-A-Jar: Mexican Chicken & Rice
This is one of those recipes that my family loves. The kids and I will eat it as a main dish, but Chris prefers it as a side dish. The girls and I serve up a big bowl and top it with a squirt of fresh lime, some cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream and salsa. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it! The best part of this is that it’s a meal-in-a-jar and perfect for a quick easy meal (or side dish) whether you’re at home, out camping, in your RV, or anywhere that you can add water and heat it up!
**This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full affiliate disclosure here.
Mexican Chicken & Rice
- 1 cup Thrive Life chopped chicken
- 1.5 cup long grain white rice (not instant rice)
- 3/4 cup Thrive Life diced tomato
- 1/4 cup Thrive Life green chiles
- 1/4 cup Thrive Life diced onion
- 1/4 cup Thrive Life sweet corn
- 4 tsp granular chicken bullion (I like Wyler’s, but that’s a taste preference)
- 2 tsp ground cumin (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Thrive Life tomato powder
Add 5 cups of water to ingredients in pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
To Assemble Meal-in-a-Jar:
Add ingredients to quart sized jar in any order you like, shake down to be sure all ingredients will fit. Use within 1 year. Add oxygen absorber and vacuum seal to extend shelf life to 5-7 years.
And we all love our meal-in-a-jar and pantry to look pretty so don’t forget to grab your free jar tags!