**This post contains affiliate links. By clicking on the links and purchasing products you help to support this blog and my family at NO COST TO YOU. Thank you for your continuing support!!**
Who doesn’t love a meal in a jar?! They look so good on your pantry shelf, and they make great gifts! What’s not to love?!
I put things in the jar in this specific order because I use a food sealer on the jars and I don’t want the powdered ingredients to get sucked into the Food Saver, with the wide mouth jar attachment. It is super handy for things like this because once Thrive Life foods go into the jars and get the air sucked out they can be shelf stable for 3-5 years. Alternately, you can also use oxygen absorbers, one per jar to extend the shelf life. Without food sealing or oxygen absorber, your jar will be good for one year. So the choice is between one year and 3-5 years….I’d rather extend the shelf life since I’m not so great at keeping up with what’s expiring in my pantry!
This is the recipe that we use at my house and also the tags that I made for my own pantry if you’d like to use it. It all fits in a quart sized jar (with some gentle persuasion to get the ingredients to settle).
- 1/4 cup of your favorite taco seasoning (or one store bought packet)
- 1/4 cup Thrive Sour Cream Powder
- 1/4 cup Thrive Tomato Powder
- 1/4 cup Thrive Green Chiles (optional- they can be spicy, adjust amount to your personal preference)
- 1/4 cup Thrive Tomato Dices
- 1/4 cup Thrive Sliced Onions
- 1/4 cup Thrive Red & Green Bell Pepper Mix
- 3/4 cup Thrive Ground Beef
- 3/4 cup Thrive Sweet Corn
- 3/4 cup Thrive Instant Black Beans
- Bring 5 cups of water to a boil in a pan.
- Add all ingredients and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy! Top with shredded cheddar cheese (or Thrive Shredded Cheddar Cheese), sour cream, jalapeno peppers, or tortilla chips.
**For crockpot preparation: Add all ingredients and 5 cups of water to crockpot and cook for 4 hours on low.
Isn’t that pretty? It’s in a slightly different order because my 7 year old made this one! Yes, you heard me right….my 7 year old made dinner. Now, how is that for impressive?
FREE BONUS: You can download and print these simple Taco Soup tags to hang on your jars here.